Phone Number: (703) 361-9131
Fax Number: (703) 330-0339
Seniors; Last Names A-L
Grades 9-11; Last Names A-F
Cindy Watson, School Counselor
Seniors; Last Names M-Z
Grades 9-11; Last Names P-Z
- How do I get a VA work permit?
- When should I take the SAT?
- How many times can the SAT be taken?
- Who should take the SAT?
- Why should students take the PSAT?
- How does college differ than high school?
- Are college visits excused absences?
- When should college visits be scheduled?
- Are there specific questions to ask when on a college visit?
- Should college visits be overnight?
- Is there a deadline for filing the FAFSA?
- What is Manassas Park High School's CEEB code?
The PSAT is wonderful practice for the SAT, and juniors who take the test may qualify to enter National Merit Scholarship Corporation Programs. Most importantly, the PSAT is a comprehensive tool that gives valuable feedback to the student and to the school. Students will receive scores in critical reading, math reasoning, and writing and will see how their scores compare to those of other sophomores or juniors across the country. Through a question by question review of answers, students will be able to see which answers they got right or wrong and will be able to refer to the original test booklet for additional practice. The Score Report will give students a personalized statement of specific academic skills that need attention, along with suggested steps to improve those skills.
Please note that the PSAT is NOT used for college admission.