Interscholastic Academic Activities
School sponsored and VHSL sanctioned activities. Students must meet eligibility criteria to participate.
- Scholastic Bowl (Academic Team) – Students compete against other VHSL schools in answering questions involving areas academic knowledge. Held during the first semester.
- Theatre (One Act Play) – Students compete in a theater festival in the Fall.
- Yearbook – Students design and create the school year book for submission to VHSL.
These clubs are associated with various classes that students may take.
Future Business Leaders of America – FBLA – This is a student business association, whose mission is to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs
DECA: An Association of Marketing Students – Membership in this club is for students with a career interest in hospitality, finance, sales and service, business administration and/or entrepreneurship.
Performing Arts Clubs
- Drama – This club puts on various dramatic performances throughout the year. These performances usually include several one act plays, a musical, and a full length multi-scene play.
- Internal Thespian Society - National Honor Society for Drama Students.
- Marching Cougars – The Marching Cougar Band performs at all home football games, several local parades, and marching band competitions throughout the fall semester. It is composed of an instrumental section which includes drum line and winds as well as a flag corps. Band members should already have knowledge of how to play an instrument.
- Choir – This club put on various choir performances throughout the year.
Honor Societies, Leadership, and Service Organizations
- National Honor Society – NHS – Is a national organization that honors upperclassmen who obtain certain academic successes. The group also participates in a number of community service activities throughout the year.
- Beta – The National Beta Club recognizes, academic achievement, promotes character, develops leadership skills, encourages service involvement, and provides technological advantages to students. Students must have a qualifying GPA and complete a certain number of hours of community service every year.
Student Council Association (SCA) – This is the student government organization of MPHS. Anyone is free to participate with them in their activities around the school. Certain class offices and SCA offices are obtained through student election in the spring of the previous year. SCA coordinates homecoming and other activities throughout the year.
Contacts: Shannen Cochraham; Meghan Aikins
Other School Recognized Clubs
- Manassas Park Medical Leaders Society
- Odyssey of the Mind
- Senior Class Sponsors: Mr. Colin Bouchillon
- Junior Class Sponsors: Ms. Davis and Ms. Araneo
- Sophomore Class Sponsor: Ms. Rose
- Freshmen Class Sponsor: Ms. Koch and Ms. Stippey