Cafeteria Payment Policy
Please review carefully and discuss these with your child.
How does the system work?
We use a product called MySchoolBucks which is the gateway for parents to make prepayment deposits into their student's cafeteria account!
When do I need to place money in an account?
1. If your child has been approved for free meals, you do not need to put money into an account for meals, but may make prepayments for a la carte sales.
2. Reduced and full-paid students will need to make a prepayment for meals, as well as a la carte items if desired.
There are three (3) ways to make meal payments.
1. Debit or credit card payments can be made online through MySchoolBucks online. This internet service offers a secure and convenient tool to process VISA or MasterCard payments. Online payments are processed immediately and will be reflected in the student's cafeteria account automatically, according to the district's scheduled transfer process.
Parents may also view their student's entire transaction history, including onsite payments, online payments, current balance and a detailed history of meal and food item purchases.
- Deposits can be made with any VISA or MasterCard credit or debit card.
- Credit card processing is completed through a secure authorization process. Credit card information is not stored on our servers and will never be shared with a third party.
- All student data that is transmitted is encrypted and authenticated every time you use the website.
- Parents can view their student's current account balance, transaction activity, and online deposit history for the current school year.
- Parents can register multiple students, from multiple schools, under one account.
2. A check made out to the student's school. Please note the student's full name in the memo area on the check to eliminate any confusion.
3. The student may also pay with cash at the time of purchase.
• All deposits, online or in person, are tracked through MySchoolBucks and a running balance is kept in the student's account.
• All students must enter their PIN number to receive meals. The computer will not reveal in any way whether the meal served is free, reduced, or full paid. This ensures complete confidentiality of child's meal status in the cafeteria.
• Parents may restrict use of student account funds to limit or exclude a la carte purchases. Please indicate any restrictions on your check when making prepayments. You may also contact the cafeteria manager at your child's school if you wish to restrict purchases.
• Students who reach the cashier in the cafeteria without money for their meals will be allowed charging privileges. Students are only allowed to charge reimbursable meals. They are not permitted to charge snack items, additional servings, or second meals. All charged meals will be provided by the cafeteria and recorded in the computerized point of sale system. Please refer to the Food Service Management - Meal Charges regulations (EF-R) for more information about charging meals.
• A $50 returned check fee will be charged through the Office of the Treasurer; City of Manassas Park
Please keep your child's account in good standing and remember to either provide lunch or provide for your child to purchase lunch in the cafeteria. Thanks for your cooperation!