The Virginia Department of Education requires that all certified staff meet eight minimum technology standards for a technology certification as part of the VA licensing requirements.
- All new certified staff in MPCS are required to complete these standards within the first calendar year of teaching.
- If you have taught in Virginia prior to coming to MPCS and have already completed the TSIP process in that school system, please provide a copy of the certificate to the Instructional Technology Specialist assigned to your building. Please contact Patty Gilham (CES & MPES) or Chris Konig (MPMS & MPHS) at any time for assistance in completing this process.
- Technology Standards List
- Process of Completion
- Checklist of Requirements-Classroom Teachers
- Checklist of Requirements-Non Classroom Personnel
- Educational Technology Resource Review (Word)
- Educational Technology Resource Review (Google Doc)
- Technology Lesson Plan Template (Word)
- Technology Lesson Plan Template (Google Doc)
- Look over your individualized checklist. Any item that has a check mark as already been completed. (Some items are automatically checked due to the software and hardware you are required to use at MPCS.) Identify what areas you need to complete.
- Refer to the checklist of suggested items for meeting the standards.
- Complete the different activities for each standard. Forms and templates can be accessed from the Instructional Technology website.
- Each teacher needing to complete the process will create a folder in Google drive and share with with the Instructional Technology Specialist at your school. Submit evidence of projects you have completed to meet required standards in your assigned folder as you complete each standard. When all of the standards have been completed, send an email to the building Instructional Technology Specialist.
- The items will be checked for completion and evaluated for quality by the Instructional Technology Specialists. Items not meeting the specified requirements will be returned. Once all standards are met, your completed certificate will be submitted to Mr. Neff for his signature.
- You will receive the original TSIP certificate and a copy will be placed in your personnel file at the SBO.
** If you have taught in Virginia prior to coming to MPCS and have already completed the TSIP process in that school system, please provide a copy of the certificate to the Instructional Technology Specialist assigned to your building.
** Please contact Patty Gilham (CES & MPES) or Chris Konig (MPMS & MPHS) at any time for assistance in completing this process.