Welcome to the School Counseling Department at Manassas Park Middle School
MPMS school counselors help your child with their academic, personal, social, and career development needs. Counselors offer individual counseling, small group counseling, classroom lessons, career planning, parent workshops and more! School counselors also consult with parents, teachers, administrators, offer referral services to outside agencies, and build community partnerships.
***New student registration is by appointment only***
- Ms. Fantahun, School Counselor for 6th Graders (Last Names A-L) & All 8th Graders
- Ext. 17131
- Ms. Roach, School Counselor for 6th Graders (Last Names M-Z) & All 7th Graders
- Mrs. Yun, School Counselor for all students
At Manassas Park Middle School we have ZERO tolerance for bullying!
Please report any bullying behaviors to a counselor, teacher, or administrator ASAP! You can drop a note in the Bully Box in the main office or Submit a SafeSchools Alert.
2017-2018 MPMS Course Directory
The MPMS Course Directory lists all of the courses and course descriptions available to students at the middle school. It also lists important information and policies regarding the grading system and special programs. Please use the Program of Studies as a guide to making informed choices during course selection. If you have any questions, please ask your school counselor.
- New Student Enrollment Information Do you live in Manassas Park and would like to register your child in school? Please call to set up a registration appointment and plan to bring in all of the required documents. Please click on the link to see the requirements.
- Catherine's Caring Hands Scholarship at Parks & Recreation Parks & Recreation at the Manassas Park Community Center offers great programming for middle school students. If your family is in need, they offer a scholarship service called Catherine's Caring Hands. Please see the Parks & Rec website to see if your child might be eligible.
- PRIDE Block Small Groups - Based on student counseling surveys, students will receive invitations to participate in PRIDE block small groups. Small group topics include Resiliency, Loss/Grief/Significant Separation, Self Care, Friendship, Body Image, and Stress/Anxiety.
- Classroom Counseling Lessons - All students met with the school counselors during P.E. classes for classroom counseling lessons focusing on the personal/social domain of the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) standards. 6th grade lessons focused on bullying, 7th grade lessons on cyber bullying, and 8th grade lessons on stress and depression. Students also met with the school counselors for classroom lessons focusing on academic planning, course selection, and career exploration.